You might wonder what would people pay for to watch and why?
Actually I could not get a grip on why a movie that does not talk about reality would be making all this money. Here is the list of the movies that made over a billion dollars in revenues worldwide.
Rank Title Worldwide gross Year Ref
1. Avatar $2,782,275,172 2009
2. Titanic $1,924,048,835 1997
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 $1,328,111,219 2011
4. Transformers: Dark of the Moon $1,123,746,996 2011
5. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King $1,119,929,521 2003
6. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $1,066,179,725 2006
7. Toy Story 3 $1,063,171,911 2010
8. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides $1,043,871,802 2011
9. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace $1,026,161,683 1999
10. Alice in Wonderland $1,024,299,904 2010
11. The Dark Knight $1,001,921,825 2008
By the look in the names of all movies you will see, Titanic is only one movie out of the 11 was based on true event not necessary the love story .
So if we exclude Titanic we can easily say all top 10 movies in our modern history all are talking about the unknown and beyond people comprehension and satisfaction of their limitation. Do really people run after a myth and illusions?
Obviously the answer is “yes”, otherwise why all of those movies attracted people that paid in total 18 billion dollars. These are 11 movies, do not forget those who were very shy to the billion dollars mark are triple the above numbers. Over the billion dollars are 3 in year 2011, 2 in 2010.
You could consider the above is very long introduction to what I am getting at .
How much people would pay for legal drugs? Yes once someone said religion is the drug to the nations, I would say some people say religion is the drug for the poor nations ? I do not agree religions in particular the peaceful ones are not near the bad effect of harmful drugs on nations. But the violent religions have a very harmful effect on those nations that are inhaling it and for sure falls under the same category of the hardcore drugs. What hardcore drugs and violent religions have in common? Violent and sex and money are the common elements. One will ask which violent religion you are talking about.
My answer is simple the ones their followers comet crimes because of six and money. You figure it out yourself just watch the news and see witch one it’s name keep repeating every day.