Suez Canal traffic resumes after beached ship moved
By-Reuters | 5 April 2011
CAIRO - Traffic through Egypt's Suez Canal resumed after a 42,000-tonne container ship that ran aground earlier on Sunday was moved, an official at the Suez Canal Authority said.
The ship, which was carrying a Liberian flag, had suffered engine failure and ran aground at al-Kantara city near the Mediterranean port city of Port Said, blocking the movement of 28 other ships in the waterway, the official said.
The ship was moved at 1340 GMT, the official said.